With this pack you will receive;
- Half Wicking crate: 1.16m x 0.58m x 0.73m (height), lined with a food safe rubber pond liner, fitted with a layer of geotextile 'wicking' fabric, as well as an inflow and overflow valve to control the level of the water reservoir
- 3 bags of scoria
- 3 x 30L bags of organic compost
- 1 x 30L bag of organic cow manure
- 1 x 30L bag of organic potting mix
- 1 x 12L bag of perlite
- 1 x bag of worm castings
- 1 x piece of geotextile fabric
Here's how to fill it up
1. Get the crate level.
2. Empty the 3 x bags of scoria into the base
Make sure the fabric is tucked into the corners of the base
3. Level out the scoria....the top of the scoria should be a little above the overflow valve
4. Attach the spare piece of geotextile fabric; this will stop the soil from spilling into the reservoir below
5. Add 1 x bag of organic compost
6. Add 1 x bag of organic cow manure
7. Add bag of perlite and mix all ingredients together; the perlite holds the structure of the soil, which can get compacted over time
8. Add 2 x bags of organic compost
9. Add bag of worm castings
10. Finally, add the bag of organic potting mix and level
11. Fill up the reservoir by attaching a hose onto the inflow valve at the top of the crate. Once water begins flowing out of the overflow valve, the reservoir is full.
12. You can plant into the soil right away.